Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Links - Blogs, Website

Before I even started my blog I would read a number of them and think to myself, we really need to have a resource like this for and about Caribbean libraries and library workers. While mine has not reached the stage to which these have, they have certainly been an inspiration and motivation for me to begin and then improve on Blibrarian.

Today, I thought I would share a few blogs and a website to which I subscribe and or read. In random order:

Beyond the Job
A good resource for keeping up to date with conferences, publication opportunities, scholarships/grants announcements and educational opportunities.

Library Writer’s Blog
Another good resource for writers it follows in the same vein as BtJ but chiefly identifies conferences, publishing and presentation opportunities.

Kimbooktu
For the lovers of books and book related gadgets, paraphernalia and accessories, this is the blog for you.

Library Stuff
For want of a better term, this blog is similar to a newswire service. It provides usually short announcements about happenings all over librarydom.

This next resource is actually a website.

Library Related Conferences
It provides the dates, names, locations for and links to conferences and continuing education opportunities internationally. I find it invaluable.

Have a look at these web spaces and see why I find them so interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment